Sew with a needle and thread! Learn to tie knots and make different kinds of stitches. You’ll even sew on a button when you make your very own wallet.
Parents! Your child can gain a sense of mastery and develop a new outlet for creativity and inventiveness. Our expert instructors make hands-on learning fun and safe. All participants make unique projects that teach foundation sewing skills to build on in the future.
What You’ll Learn
- Threading a needle
- Tying a knot to start sewing
- Backstitching at the end of a line of stitches
- Straight running stitch
- Straight backstitch - even and half
- Blanket stitch
- Connecting fabrics with stitches
- Basic hemming
- Sewing on a button
What You’ll Sew: wallet, pincushion, ugly doll.
Who Will Enjoy This Class
Anyone 6 years old and up who wants to learn the basics of hand sewing and likes the projects
* Minimum age requirement addresses basic dexterity and social skills necessary for success in the class.